Google has a dozens of useful products available to the public. One of those products is Google Trends, which allows you to have an insight into what web users search for on Google. You can get statistics as far back as 2004, in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Today I took a look at Google Insights for Search and I was particularly interested in what Ghanaians are searching for. Below are the top 5 most Google searched terms in Ghana, within the last 12 months:
The rising search terms in Ghana are:
- whatsapp +1,300%
- google trader +550%
- lovingyou +500%
- trader +400%
- facebooklogin +350%
What insight do I derive from analysis of the stats above?
- Facebook is one of the most used websites in Ghana
- Yahoo is still very popular in Ghana despite the decline of its user base worldwide (I think it people go to Yahoo mostly for its good news content)
- People search for Google to get to www.google.com
- Ghanaians are interested in free downloads
- The Google Trader website is rising in popularity
Find out what people in your country are searching for: http://www.google.com/insights/search/