I am privileged to be part of a Business Certificate program at my Church and the sessions are taught by anointed pastors and successful business people. Today’s class was about Communication and People Skills, and the lecturer touched on developing charisma as a way to change and become more effective.
Charisma is a rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm. It is a personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
The letters in the word charisma stand for:
- Concern: Charismatic people have the ability to show concern for peoples deepest needs and interests.
- Help: Charismatic people are helpers.
- Action: They make things happen.
- Results: They are productive.
- Influence: Leadership is influence…charismatic people are leaders.
- Sensitivity: Know how to react to changing situations.
- Motivation: The secret of motivating others is providing them with hope.
- Affirmation: Charismatic people bring inspiration, not criticism!
Are you a charismatic person? Use the list above to assess yourself and evaluate the aspects you need to improve and become a better leader.